Prescribed Naturogest during pregnancy. Have endometriosis. Safe to take?
kindly help me
Let me begin by congratulating you for your pregnancy. Patients of endometriosis have difficulty in getting pregnant.
Naturogest is a hormone, a natural progestrogen, which helps to support an early pregnancy. This is usually given until the placenta takes over the function of making hormones to support the pregnancy which happens just about 3 months of pregnancy.
Your doctor has advised you to take Naturogest until 3 months - this is absolutely scientific and correct. Further, your doctor may ask you to take it for even longer. It’s ok. Take it easy. Relax. This won't do you or your baby any harm. It’s for your benefit.
As far as having sex is concerned - ALL pregnant patients are generally asked to avoid sex in the first 3 months because the pregnancy is just settling down. In your case, no-sex is even more important because you have had difficulty in getting pregnant, you had endometriosis and a laparoscopy after which you became pregnant. So please wait until at least 4 months of pregnancy before you have sex. By this time, your doctor will also have checked the position of the placenta on ultrasound because if the placenta is low, sexual intercourse may cause you to bleed and baby may die.
If, however, you and your husband desire to have sex despite the need to take care, please ask your husband to use a condom and to be as gentle and superficial as possible so as not to impact the pregnant uterus. Semen contains certain substances called prostaglandins which cause contractions of the uterus. So avoid direct contact by using condom when pregnant.
Let me re-inforce: The safest time to have sex during pregnancy is after 4th month provided your placenta is not low down which can be seen on your ultrasound scan done at this time.
Hope this answers your queries. If you have any doubts please let me know.
Enjoy your pregnancy but be safe and sensible.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is pregnancy risky in endometriosis
- Endometriosis and pregnancy
- How endometriosis effects pregnancy
- Pregnancy after endometriosis laparoscopy
- Prescribed naturogest during pregnancy have endometriosis safe to take
- Proluton endometriosis pregnancy
- Is taking alesse is safe for endometriosis
- Pregnancy test effected by endometriosis
- Is it safe to take estalis patches for endometriosis
- Endometriosis during pregnancy
- Prescribed Naturogest during pregnancy. Have endometriosis. Safe to take?
- Bleeding from scar of C-section. Any reason? Safe to wear abdomen belt?
- Pregnant, lower abdominal pain. Does that mean my baby has got engaged?
- Pregnant. Suggestions about food and exercises?
- Painful, heavy bleeding, blood clots, weakness, night sweats, chills,...
- Had lapascopy. Having burning pain and feeling numbness after iud...
- Have a burning sensation while passing urine. Is this is an infection?
- What kind of medicine be taken for digestion during pregnancy?
- Looking some details on copper T insertion
- 7 weeks pregnant. Scan showed cyst outside ovary. Is there any...