Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Prescribed Hydrocod and Clindamycin for tooth pain. Left side swollen. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1011 Questions
HI, it is ok to take Hydrocod/IBU 7.5mg and Clindamycin 300 mg at the same time? They were prescribed yesterday by the dentist to get rid of an infection in a tooth and the pain before a root canal. I have taken as prescribed and
woke up this morning with the left side of my face swollen--almost like mumps--and the swelling extends down the left
side of my throat on the outside.
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

The medication given to you was correct and was to control pain and infection. You may take them as advised.

Root canal treatment is an invasive procedure, where pulp tissue has to be removed from the teeth canal. To prevent any infection in future an antibiotic cover is given before the procedure.

Don't worry about the swelling. It may be due to collection of pus in the teeth canal.
Once the canal is opened during treatment and pus is drained, this swelling will be relieved. XXXXXXX your dentist as soon as possible.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor