Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Prescribed Distinil and Bifilac for bloated stomach. Suggest alternative medicine available in Chennai

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 319 Questions
Dear Doctor, I have tried to set a call back from the panel doctor from health magic regarding my bloated stomach. I got a call and the Doctor prescribed me a medicine - Distinil, Bifilac. Later we made a called back on drug unavailability for last 6 months - Distinil. alternative drug subscribed by him is also not available - No gas and Flatezee - charcoal tablets aren't available in prominent drug store in Chennai. Please advice and sugest appropriate drug for bloated stomach.
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 14 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

For bloated stomach I suggest to my patients Pantocid-L once daily for a month followed by plain pantocid for 2 months. In addition I also suggest Colospa (mebeverine) which they can use for couple of months for added benefits.
The aforementioned drugs are prescription drugs; therefore consult / discuss with your treating doctor. He/she can prescribe to you the same or alternative brands.

I also recommend dietary changes. Please restrict yourself to following items- Banana, XXXXXXX Rice, Curd, Black tea for at least 2 weeks.

Let me know the response to treatment after 1 month. Please also send me over any investigations that you have undergone for bloated stomach and I would be glad to review the reports for you.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Om Lakhani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor