Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Premature ejaculation,difficult penetration,homeopathy,painful intercourse,conceive

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
We got married in 2007. My wife and i were living in two different cities for the first two years because of our jobs. Started trying for the baby only from october of 2009. At first couldnt actually have any penetration and i would usually ejaculate quickly. consulted my physician about the matter and he gave me capsules named "semento".Took it for about four weeks. After that consulted a homeopathy doctor and he said i might having problem with the strength in my penis so started his medicine. I did find the improvement in my performance. Ejaculations have been delayed but i am still not able penetrate the vagina properly. My wife complains of pain and also that she gets very ticklish during the act. Please suggest some help as we are desperately trying to have our kids.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 59 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

From the symptoms that you have described, your partner is having pain during insertion of penis because of vaginismus or dyspareunia. Vaginismus is involuntary tightening of the vaginal muscles during attempted intercourse. The tightness is actually caused by involuntary contractions of the pelvic floor muscles surrounding the vagina.

Tenderness during intercourse is called dyspareunia and there are some possibilities which need to be evaluated in such a case. Firstly any psychological fear, stress due to pain during penetration or emotions like fear or shame during penetration should be ruled out.

If still your wife is having pain while penetration then medical causes should be evaluated. Usually pain during the initial stages of penetration is due to UTI and vaginal infection or vaginitis, a tight vaginal wall, sores at the mouth of vagina or vestibulitis, vulvodynia or a dry vagina (frictional injury), thrush or fungal infection.

Pain on XXXXXXX penetration is due to pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, irritable bowel syndrome, pelvic tumors, cervical and uterine infections and tumors.

In that case, your wife will need to get an examination done from a gynecologist and get investigated for these medical conditions.

Till then, try the following measures:

1) Insufficient arousal causes by less foreplay or psychological cause like stress can be treated by spending more time in foreplay which would increase the vaginal secretion. You can use water-soluble starch based lubricant such as KY Jelly.

2) Your wife should avoid any possible irritants including harsh soaps, chemicals, deodorants etc.

3) Talk to your partner openly about any fears or apprehensions, eat nutritious healthy food, exercise regularly and cut down on smoking or alcohol if you are taking it.

4) Your wife may be having psychological fear and in that case spending time together and communicating with each other will help.

Regarding your own delayed ejaculation, to me it seems more like psychological rather than any medical cause. For this, first of all, quit smoking and alcohol (if you are taking any), indulge in physical exercise and eat a healthy diet. Have faith in yourself and do not take any stress.

You can talk to your partner openly and indulge in plenty of foreplay before sex. Exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is very effective.

If however the symptoms persist then we need to rule out the medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid conditions, poor circulation, low testosterone, depression, spinal cord and neurological causes. To exactly pinpoint a diagnosis you need to get a complete examination done from a urologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor