Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Premature ejaculation problem. No medical history. Safe to take Duralast medication to prolong ejaculation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1851 Questions
Is duralast30 safe to avoid premature ejaculation. I am 56 years old and have no health problem.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 19 minutes later
Thanks for your query.

Duralast contain dapoxetine salt which belong to newer SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) group of drugs. It differs from other SSRI that it can be used on demand to prolong ejaculation.

It is safe to use as it is not used regularly. But like every medicine it too has long list of side effects. But in practice I see following side effects frequently: anxiety and acidity. It is better to take it after food to prevent acidity.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Dr Ashish Mittal, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Premature ejaculation problem. No medical history. Safe to take Duralast medication to prolong ejaculation? 39 hours later
How frequently can I take duralast 30
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 22 minutes later
Hello again,

Duralast has proved to delay ejaculation during the clinical trials. It is recommended to consume Dapoxetine once in 24 hours of time after a prescription from the doctor. You should never take it twice a day. Also it is recommended to take this drug two hours before sex.

So its use depend on frequency of sex. Like if you have sex 3 times in a week use it 3 times only. But do not use it more than once in a day.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Wish you a happy new year
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Child Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor