Pregnant with high SGOT and SGPT. Safe to take udiliv in this condition?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Question: hi docs,
my wife is 36 weeks pregnant and her sgot and sgpt is 228 (both). rest all tests are normal. she is taking udiliv 300 twice a day still there is no improvement. what should we do and what problems do i expect of this? pls answer I am little worried.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Elevated SGOT and SGPT are indicative of liver disease. So, first of all, we need to find out the reason for the liver disease.

Common causes are viral hepatitis (due to hepatitis A, B or C) and drug-induced.

Viral hepatitis can be detected with the help of blood tests.

There is no need to worry. Please continue udiliv as at present.

Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM