Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery? Elective C-section?
Thank you for posting your query.
I understand your concern since this is a precious pregnancy for you.
1. Are there problems that are unique to my age group that may pose a problem with vaginal delivery?
Ans: No, not to your baby. It would have if this was your first delivery. Since this not going to be your first vaginal delivery (If you opt for it) you will not have any problem whatsoever, it may even be easy considering your age, since with age the ligaments and muscle become a little lax, meaning they would allow for an easier vaginal delivery.
As far as your health is considered, If you opt for a vaginal delivery you might experience some problem due to your age. But a Cesarean would be more risky considering the combined risk of anesthesia and the surgical procedure. As well as Cesarean would mean you will have to stay at the hospital for long.
2. Should I ask for an elective C-section.
Ans: It is your choice, and the decision to go for an elective C-section would be taken by your obstetrician based on several factors during the time of delivery. Things can change from now to the actual time of delivery.
Considering all factors, I would suggest you to wait a little more to makeup your mind regarding what you want.
You should discuss the same with your obstetrician, as he would be in a better position to guide you better as he would have examined you in person.
Hope I answered your queries. I will be available for follow up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hemophilia carrier pregnant is c-section safe
- Could i be pregnant after c section done
- Motion problem after c section
- Pregnant diarrhoea can go for c-section
- Heart problems after c section
- Bowel problems after c section
- Pregnant c section scar scab
- Signs of problems of c section
- Liver problems after c section
- Problems after a c section