Pregnant, suffering from spinal tuberculosis. Is there any problem?

Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari

Spine Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: hello sir my name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX i am suffring for spinal tuberclouses and i am pagnent 5 month
my spina lower side very pain every day and 24hour please give me youa opinion
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 38 minutes later

I would be able to help you better if you could provide some more details.
1.     Where is the TB in spine? Upper back or lower back?
2.     What is the status of the tuberculosis? Is it healing?
In Spinal TB, we advise absolute bed rest. Acetaminophen can be given for pain control in pregnancy. Try to take maximum rest in lying down position or on either side, which reduces the load on the spine and thus decrease the pain. Avoid prolong sitting and standing. Try some local measures such as analgesic gel application.

Hope I had been able to answer your query.

Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan