Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Pregnant and had sex. Feeling stomach and breast pain. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Hello Doctor!
My wife conceived and confirmed it with home test and scan. Doctor advised us do not have sex for 3 months but we had twice after doctor advised. My wife is at 63rd day today. She feels stomach pain last three days and breast pain as well. This is all symptoms? I wonder whether the sex what we had cause this pain! Plan to visit doctor tomorrow. Please advise
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go ahead with the visit

Detailed Answer:

I would not say that sexual intercourse is the cause for all this pain and symptoms in your wife. I do not know the reason behind your doctor's insistence to not have sexual intercourse. Is there a special reason for it? If yes, please let me know.

Stomach pain and breast pain are usual and normally expected in Pregnancy. These are not warning or danger signs. Please relax on this.

Go ahead with the doctor's visit tomorrow.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pregnant and had sex. Feeling stomach and breast pain. Suggest? 29 minutes later
Thank you doctor!
There is no special reason to not to have sex. I assumed that i might give pressure on her stomach during sex. This is keep blocking my head after we had sex.
If these are all expected symptoms then well enogh.
She gets tierd now a days.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
nothing to worry about

Detailed Answer:

If there is no specific reason for abstinence from sex, then there is no need to worry.

These symptoms are not because of the intercourse but are normally seen in pregnancy.

Getting tired soon is also normal. Please give her healthy food and make her rest often.

Wish your wife and you, a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor