Pregnant. Took flurbiprofen twice today contained in throat lozenge. Worry?
Thanks for posting your query.
Flurbiprofen is an Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory drug (Nsaid)& like other Nsaids it is contraindicated in third trimester of pregnancy and early pregnancy.
There is a risk of premature closure of ductus arteriosus in the fetus and oligohydramnios if it is taken after 30 weeks of pregnancy.
The avilable data does not suggest any such risk before 30 weeks of pregnancy.
Also the risk is dose related and chances increase with the advancement of pregnancy beyond 30 weeks.
In case of inadvertent ingestion of flurbiprofen by pregnant female, it is advisable to report the issue to the gynaecologist and if needed get an ultrasound done to monitor for closure of ductus arteriosus or oligohydramnios.
In your case both the dose taken (8.75 mg twice) and the duration of pregnancy (27 weeks) make it less likely for the chance of such complication to your fetus.
So please do not worry as it is not likely that you will suffer any of the above mentioned comolication.
However it is advisable to report this to your doctor and if in the next couple of weeks if the doctor suspects any risk he might get an ultrasound done .
As of now it's not worrisome, but in future do not take any medication without your doctors advice
Hope I have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Numbing throat lozenges
- Usage of Throat lozenge
- Helps throat lozenges
- Ciprocal throat lozenges
- Throat lozenges for sore throat
- Antibiotic throat lozenges
- Throat lozenges for strep throat
- Pregnant took flurbiprofen twice today contained in throat lozenge worry
- Throat lozenges with anesthetic
- Chloraseptic sore throat lozenges
- Nausea, dizziness, palpitations, ECG done, right axis deviation...
- High SGPT and SGOT levels. Is it dangerous?
- Sneezing, sore throat and pain, no cold. Reason for pain?
- Pain in shoulder and arm, breathing trouble, taken Aleve. Chances of any...
- Severe pain under ribs, on left side, pain on touching, chronic...
- Raised white spot with dark red perimeter, on floor of mouth, left of...
- Have itchy sore throat,hot face and ears,hypertension,stress and...
- Ache on left shoulder blade,shortness of breath,tiredness,has GERD,take...
- Chest sore after falling,no broken ribs. Treatment?
- Have abdominal pain, mucus in stool, painful urination, eczema...