Pregnant. Suffering from fever and itchy body. Safe to inject monocef 1g?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Question: Dear Sir My Wife is pregnant(8th Month) and she suffering high fever i.e. 100-103, and her body has more pustule and that is very itching. and as per report found the she is positive of jaundice i.e.1.10 point and doctor has advice to take monocef 1g injection 2 time in a day, that injection is secured for pregnant women give your advice regarding that we are suffering very high problems.

Thanking You XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 56 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Any patient having high grade fever is at high risk.In pregnancy that risk increases.
Your wife's liver enzymes are raised.The cause for the deranged liver enzymes and fever needs to be found out.Get urea,creatinine, hepatitis A,B,C,E tested.
The liver dysfunction is causing the itching. Continue the UDILIV 300MG twice a day.
But the cause of the fever is important. also get a urine culture,total count,platelets.
The Monocef injection can be given.It will help controlling the infection.