Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn injection and duphaston. Miscarriage?
Thanks for writing to us.
As per the ultrasound report, since the cardiac activity which was observed earlier has been missing, it is most likely that the your wife has miscarried. Most often, genetic abnormalities cause a miscarriage in early trimester after a slight pain or a small bleeding without any hint.
The medication given was to supplement any hormonal deficiency, as is seen in majority of first trimester bleeds which subside with hormone supplementation and bed rest.
You should wait for another week as advised by your doctor as the sonogram can sometimes fail to notice weak cardiac movements and may be positive at a later stage. The doctor may also correlate the clinical findings and the sonographic findings with serum beta-hCG levels.
Hope I have clarified your doubts. If you have any further queries, I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fertigyn injections and scan for six weeks pregnant
- Pregnant spotting cramping history of miscarriage
- After fertigyn injection duphaston tablet
- History of miscarriage is duphaston safe for pregnant women
- Had miscarriage pregnant on duphaston dosage of duphaston in pregnancy
- Pregnant taking duphaston for small subchorionic hemorrhage concerned for miscarriage
- Had miscarriage cardiac activity of fetus absent why
- Pregnant started spotting bad cramps passed pink tissue miscarriage
- Pregnant taking fertigyn injection every week what is it for
- Pregnant advised with fertigyn injection concerned about the risks