Pregnant. Scan showed placenta position fundal and placenta maturity grade II. What does it mean?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Question: i am 37 weeks pregnant & have the ultrasound yesterday. it shows placenta position fundal and placenta maturity grade II. what does it means? if i have a chance of normal delivery or c-section . as i earlier have a c-section 4 years ago. how i can have a normal delivery , i am very much scared of c-section.kindly help me out. thanks
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later
The fundal position of the placenta and a grade II maturity is a normal finding.
This is not an indication of cesarean section. If you have had a previous c- section then your chances of having a C-section again in this pregnancy are higher.
But you can have a normal delivery too if the ripening of your cervix goes well.
Your gynecologist can assess your chances of having a normal delivery after a careful XXXXXXX examination.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanx for your reply docter.Can you suggest me some exercises for normal delivery now. My due date is 8th dec,12.

as such i am not having any problem now.

Also suggest me some healthy diet in this last weeks of pregnancy.so that i can bear the labour pain.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You can do kegel exercises and yoga to help you in normal delivery. You can check this link for guidance-
WWW.WWWW.WW The nutritional supplements that you need for healthy baby and a normal delivery include-
1. A high protein diet- XXXXXXX in pulses, cereals, eggs, fish, etc.
2. A high calcium intake- like milk, milk products, eggs, bajra, ragi, etc.
3. Eat fiber XXXXXXX fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and avoid foods which are not easily digestible and fatty foods
4. Have six small meals instead of 3 large meals
5. Drink plenty of fluids
6. Go for regular Brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily.
7. Take regular iron , calcium and DHA supplements as prescribed by your gynecologist.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.