Pregnant. Scan showed anterior placenta fundal grade 2 and efbw - 2540. Any suggestion?

Dr. Minoo Bhagia

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Question: hi i am 34 weeks 3 days pregnant. my scan report says lie is longitudinal. presentation is vertex.
placenta is fundal anterior with grade 2. bpd is 87mm hc is 320mm ac is 303 mm fl is 69 and efbw is 2540... edd by lmp is 13/1 and by cga is 9/1.. Please tell me if the report is normal as well can you please give explanation a bit on this report.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 40 minutes later
Hello

Welcome and thanks for the query

As far as the measurements are concerned they are normal like BPD which is biparietal diameter , AC is abdominal circumference , FC is Femur length and BW is birth weight which is 2.5 kg and is normal.EDD is expected date of delivery which is by LMP or last menstrual period is 13th XXXXXXX and by gestational age counting or cga is 9th XXXXXXX We usually count the EDD by LMP and do it plus , minus 7 days , so your date will be in first half of XXXXXXX
As far as the placenta is concerned it is called placenta previa.Normal placenta is fundal and posterior.If it is anterior and grade two , there can be chances of bleeding during or before pregnancy.Grade 3 is an absolute indication of C section but in grade two if it partially covers the XXXXXXX os , normal vaginal delivery can be conducted but be prepared for LSCS.Keep the donar ready for blood transfusion if required.Take bed rest.Take regular iron supplements.In case of placenta previa the delivery is usually conducted as soon as the fetus is mature so if your doctor tells you for C section do not hesitate.
Best wishes and good luck
Any further query is most welcome.