Owl Image

Pregnant. Prescribed flexion and baxin-d for fever. Are these drugs safe during pregnancy?

Owl Image
Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Question
I am suffering from fever and i am 22 weeks pregnant the temperature is always below 100.My doctor prescribed flexion and baxin-d .Are These 2 drugs safe during pregnancy?
Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 56 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,

Both drugs are safe well enough in pregnancy as prescribed by your doctor. Flexon tab contains Paracetamol/Acetaminophen and Baxin-D capsule contains (ampicillin & dicloxacillin).
Therefore, you need not to be worried about this and may continue above medication until temperature going down to normal or follow your doctor's advice.

Follow some basic guideline for healthy pregnancy:
1) Take Healthy Protein XXXXXXX diet with Iron/ Calcium supplements.
2) Avoid long journey/heavy work/high heel shoe.
3) Avoid stress/anxiety/emotional upset & maintain personal hygiene.
4) Drink more water to keep hydrated and eat leafy vegetables/ fruits.
5) Take adequate rest and sleep preferably 8-10 hrs daily.
6) Periodic check up with ultrasound scans for detail review of Feto Placental Profile (FPP). Complete all necessary investigations. Check BP and weight gain at regular interval.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.
Wish your good health and successful motherhood.
Dr Soumen