Pregnant. Is ovunal sc 5000 along with neogest safe during early pregnancy?
Here is my wife case Details.
We found my wife as pregnant on Feb 23 2013. Currently we are in US. Our Indian doctor asked us to start Ovunal SC 5000 one per week till 12 weeks. Along with this Neogest 300 suppositories one in morning and one in bed time. My wife took progesterone tabs while TTC from cd 17 to 28. When we consulted OB/GYN in US they are not supporting these medications at al. I think Indian OB gave these since my wife had miscarriage in Last November. when we saw OB in US they did Ultra sound today and they see sac at 6 MM and doctor mentioned it should be around 10 mm. He said my wife may not be 5 weeks pregnant. According to Her LMP she is at 5 weeks 3 days. Indian OB is saying that i can give injections to my wife.
Here are her Hcg quantitative levels
March 22 : 26.5
March 26 : 265
March 29 : 493
Here are my questions.
1) is ovunal sc 5000 safe during early pregnancy?
2) is her HCG levels raising properly. can you compare 2 and 3.
3) When i opened ovunal sc injection. I found one bottle with some powder and other with 1 ml of sodium cloride. I assume that i have to mix 1ml of NACL with powder. correct?
4) is 6 mm of sac at 5 weeks 3 days fine?
Thanks for posting your query.
I have read your query in detail. I will address all your concerns one by one.
1. Ovunal injections contain hormone HCG which is normally secreted by placenta during pregnancy. It can be given during early pregnancy to supplement the placental function. It does not affect the growth of fetus adversely.
2. Usually during pregnancy, HCG levels double in every 48 hours. Her HCG levels are increasing normally. There is no need to worry.
3. The powder is the dried form of the hormone and normal saline (sodium chloride) is given to prepare the injection in liquid form. You need to mix both these and then inject it subcutaneously.
4. The sac size of 6mm corresponds to 5 weeks gestation. By the end of 5th week, the sac size should reach nearly 10MM and HCG levels should be more than 1000IU.
You can get a repeat ultrasound scan done after 2 weeks to detect the fetal growth and cardiac activity.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Thanks for your reply. Today i gave injection myself to my wife. I took care not to include any bubbles in injection. But there seems to be one small bubble in injection which i can't get rid off. Is this fine?. Can you please send if you have any perfect manual to give Ovunal SC 5000 injections. Hcg on March 22 is 26.5 and on March 26 is 265. This looks perfectly fine to me. On March 29 it is 493. This is not exactly double to 265. Is this something to worried about? What is your idea about using baby aspirin in early pregnancy? My Indian doctor suggested that it will improve baby Heart beat. But USA doctors are saying it will make us to bleed.
Thanks for writing again.
A minute bubble in the injection is not likely to cause any side effects. It can cause an increased pain during and after the injection. Be careful to press the site of injection with two fingers or thumb after giving the injection to avoid any subcutaneous bleeding in the area. At this point of time, I do not have any manual to share with you.
The HCG levels on March 29th are slightly less than expected; but are not worrisome. You can repeat the test after she completes the 6 weeks to know the trends.
Baby aspirin is indicated in early pregnancy only if there is previous history of miscarriages or high blood pressure. It is not needed routinely in all pregnancies as it can considerably increase the chances of bleeding in early pregnancy.
Hope my answer is helpful. Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Thanks for your reply. I want to Understand the Role of Ovunal SC 5000 and Neogest 300 during early pregnancy. If the Pregnancy is not viable how these medications will help to save the pregnancy.
Ovunal and Neogest - both the hormones supplement the placental function and help in placental attachment with the uterine lining thus decreasing the chances of bleeding in early pregnancy. These medicines cannot save a non viable fetus.
These cannot cause a heartbeat to form in a non viable fetus.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Thanks for the Reply. We have got another HCG Report on April 02. The blood sample was taken at afternoon and the count is 2267.
Here I am summarizing her HCG counts.
March 22 : 26.5
March 26 : 265
March 29 : 493
April 02 : 2276 U/S : Gestational sac length : 6 mm (Afternoon)
I gave her Ovunal SC Injection (first injection) on Apr 02 evening after returning from Doctor Office. Today my wife has been complaining about pain in her breast. I wanted to check with you about her breast pain and her pregnancy progress.
Did you get a repeat ultrasound scan done on 2nd April?
If it was a repeat scan and there is no further growth of gestational sac after 5 weeks 3 days then it is a worrisome finding. Still it is best to wait and watch for another week as the HCG levels are increasing satisfactorily.
The mild pain in the breast that your wife is having is a normal finding during pregnancy. The heaviness of the breast is due to the hormonal changes that take place during pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query.
All the best...
We have taken only one U/S that is on Apr 02 which measured as 6 mm on gestational sac. on Apr 02 my wife completed 5 weeks 3 days.
We have another appointment on Apr 10 with RE Dr XXXXXXX Good Man. We will post further updates.
Thanks for your reply. After my wife last miscarriage, we consulted RE Dr. Good Man. She has conducted couple of tests and gave the results to us.
DHEA : 246
TESTOSTERONE : 17
FASTING INSULIN : 7.6
TSH : 0.92
HEMOGLOBIN A 1 c : 5.4
The above values are after completing D&C later miscarriage. Dr Good Man Mentioned to us about high DHEA. I would like to understand about the above test results.
Thanks in Advance.
The test reports of your wife are normal and a hormonal imbalance is not the likely cause of early miscarriage.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is working and driving safe during early pregnancy
- Corion 5000 injection during early pregnancy
- Is it safe to take gelusil during early pregnancy
- Is navidoxine safe during early pregnancy
- Is caladryl safe during early pregnancy
- Zofer is safe during early pregnancy
- Rantac safe during early pregnancy
- Is taxim safe during early pregnancy
- Ecosprin 75 during early pregnancy safe
- Is ct scan during early pregnancy safe