Owl Image

Pregnant. Is it safe to take macgest 100?

Question
Hi i am 2 months pregnant and my doctor suggested me MACGEST 100 . Will there be any complications with my pregnancy.
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 48 minutes later
This drug has basically a hormone called progesterone.Its the main hormone present in pregnancy. As a drug,it provides added support and helps in sustaining the pregnancy.
So you can take it for the next 4 weeks.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Is it safe to take macgest 100? 1 hour later
Does this mean that the chances for bleeding / complications is more. Is bed rest suggested.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 30 minutes later
Unless you have any history of bleeding or spotting in early pregnancy,you can lead a normal life with adequate rest.If you have history of miscarriage,bleeding,pain etc,bed rest advised.The drug itself wont harm you.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Is it safe to take macgest 100? 5 minutes later
i had a light brown discharge 2 to 3 times in my first month of pregnancy. is this normal

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 hours later
Although its a common problem in early pregnancy its not a good sign. Then you need to continue the macgest as advised. Bed rest advised. Avoid intercourse.