Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Is it possible to abort child medically?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
now im 21 years old im married recently im pregnant can i abort it wih taking medicine it was just about 1 month no more than that if it is possible what is the medicine can i use?
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 37 minutes later
You will need an ultrasound first of your pregnancy test is positive. If the scan is normal, then and within 6 weeks,then the medical abortion can be attempted. However,you will not get these medicines in your country without a prescription. You will need to see a doctor for the same. Tab Mifepristone 600mcg followed by tab misprostol 200mcg after 48hrs and repeat 200mcg misoprostol after 24 hrs of the 1st dose. This method isnt fool proof and may or may not be successful. If the abortion isnt successful then surgical intervention will be required. I would suggest seeing a doctor first and these medicines are to be taken under supervision only.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pregnant. Is it possible to abort child medically? 11 hours later
in brunei it is illigal to have abortion but here are some chinese medical centre is it ok if i take medicine from them. will it harm to my helth or will effect to become pregnant again?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
I cannot comment on chinese medicines. Thats beyond the scope of my expertise. Im an allopathic doctor so can only be sure of the allopathic medicines. Be very sure about the chinese medicines before you take them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor