Pregnant. Having chest congestion. Is it safe to take deriphillyn injection?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi, I am 5 weeks pregnant and am asthmatic since
childhood. I m having chest congestion due to which
my asthama has increased.is it safe to take deriphillyn injection? If yes please recommended the dosage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
For acute asthmatic attacks, you can take injection deriphyllin. But having a salbutamol inhaler or a nebulisation will offer a better and instant relief from the congestion. You can consult a physician for appropriate dosage regimens according to your built and the clinical symptoms.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.