Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Having back pain, irregular contractions, low fetal movement and watery discharge. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
I am 36/40 weeks pregnant with some symptoms that when looked up are of concern but keep getting sent home from hospital with no answers or tests done ive had regular but mostly irregular contractions for 4 days, vomiting and loose stools for 6 days, decreased fetal movement, severe pressure and pelvic pain plus bad period like cramping, lower back pain and on and off temperature the last 48 hours, and watery discharge
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: See another gynecologist for CTG & Examination Detailed Answer: Hi, You seem to be suffering from bacterial infection that has resulted in all these problems. All symptoms are not really worrying except for decreased fetal movements. Therefore you have been treated conservatively by your doctor and discharged. I feel that was right treatment if your symptoms decreased which made them to discharge you. See to it that you have atleast 10 fetal movements per day. If they decrease, immediately get a stress test ( CTG ) in near by hospital to assess fetal wellbeing. Since the earlier hospital has not done any test, I suggest you get CTG done in a nearby hospital for diagnosing fetal well being. The other symptoms of vomiting , diarrhea and loose stool would have decreased as compared to 2 days back. If not wait till tomorrow and start on antibiotics if need be to combat infection in body . You can get prescription from the doctor when you go for CTG today. They are simple antibiotics which will reduce infection sooner. But such infections generally reduce by themselves. Watery discharge if it is from womb into vagina , please get tested immediately by a gynecologist as it could be water around baby leaking. Let me know if you have more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor