Pregnant. Getting small brown discharge without pain. Any complication?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: small brown discharge without pain. is it ok? i am 6 weeks pregnent & have miscarrage history
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Sometimes little bit of spotting can be seen in early pregnancy due to:
-Increased blood supply to the genital organs.
-Development of gestational sac.
-Some women may have bleeding on expected day of periods even in pregnancy.
But as you are having previous history of miscarriage, better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.
If baby condition is good then no need to worry. You can go for progesterone supplementation with your doctor's advice to prevent miscarriage.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 minutes later
Thanks for you reply.
everyday i am inserting 3 susten 200.
My doc said before 8 weeks usg is not nessesary.
already i took proluton depot 500 mg injection.
my hcg level was 327miu/mg on 5th week
and my tsh was 7.6
my doc prescribe thyronorm 100 mg
i am very much in tension about condition of my baby.
please help me to know that is their any hope?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

You can continue the susten tablets as prescribed by your doctor.
Your hcg levels are some what low but according to some articles they are within normal range.
Reference: WWW.WWWW.WW You should continue thyronorm tablets.
Though ultrasound is not necessary in early weeks, as now you are having brown discharge ultrasound can be taken to find out the well-being of the baby and to rule out the possibility of miscarriage.
As you are taking all precautions to prevent miscarriage, hopefully you can continue the pregnancy.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.