Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Feel unbalance and dizzy. Do I need to do MRI for inner ear problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1109 Questions
Hi doc.i have a series broblem now for 2 years and I cant go out of my home because of this problem.i had the problem since I had my little one.i fell unbalance all the time and dizzy but the problem increase when it comes near to my period .now I am pregnant and the problem gets worse noe the unbalanced feeling doesnt leave me.the practitionar said it could be my inner ear there might be an infection or extra fluid behind the ear.does this true? Do I need to do mri for my inner ear to find out the problem? The doc examine my ear from out side and he didnt find any thing.i think he cant se the inner ear by examining.and do I have to take antibiotics for this? And does the inner ear painful cause I have a pain behindy ear as well and this pain expand to my head and shoulder.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 25 days later
Brief Answer: you need to get investigated Detailed Answer: Hello, You have imbalance with pain in ear. I hope the imbalance is not constant and it comes and goes. There a few possibilities that explains your symptoms, you might discuss with your ENT surgeon and narrow down the possibility. 1. Wax in the ear --because of negative pressure on the drum can cause pain and giddiness--if present you need to get it removed 2. Ear drums --there are many disease that are related to the ear drum which cause pain and giddiness; most common being retraction and perforation In this circumstance, if I were to be your treating doctor, I would order for Pure Tone Audiometry (Hearing tests) and Impedance Audiometry. If the tests are abnormal, then few other tests are also necessary; those include Tone decay , SISI, etc. MRI brain can be planned if required only after those tests. Get these tests; and if you need clarifications do not hesitate to write to me. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor