Pregnant. Facing gas problem with lower abdominal pain. Looking for remedy
My wife is in her 26th week of pregnancy and has lately been facing gas problem and pain in the lower stomach/abdomen area. We suspected that the XXXXXXX Tea we have been taking might be the culprit and have decided to stop the same.
Please advise any further remedial measures.
It is not uncommon to have problems related to decreased "transit time" with regard to bowel function in pregnancy. This means that constipation and gas pain is definitely an issue. This is usually treated with:
1. Stool softeners - colace 100mg 1-2 x / day
2. Gas pills - anything over-the-counter that contains 'simethicone', such as Gas-X
3. Adequate hydration and increased fiber in diet
That being said, make sure that this is not a concern regarding contractions and pre-term labor. It probably should be run by her OB/GYN provider as well. But in the meantime, I hope that this helps!
I hope that this helps. Please ask if you have additional followup questions!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower abdominal pain with mirena
- Lower abdominal pain 33 weeks pregnant
- 20 weeks pregnant lower abdominal pain
- Lower abdominal pain on implanon
- Lower abdominal pain gas and nausea
- On and off lower abdominal pain and painful gas recommend
- 35 weeks pregnant lower abdominal pain
- Lower abdominal pain while pregnant
- Pregnant with pulsating sharp lower abdominal pain
- Lower abdominal pain ketonuria