Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Pregnant. Diagnosed with urine infection. Having severe lower back pain. How to get relief?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9335 Questions
Hi im concern for my fiance she really has a bad pain on her lower back going down on her leg she is pregnant we already went to the doctor they just said she had a infection in her urine but the pain is getting worse
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 3 hours later
Hi and welocme to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
Considering her pregnancy if this is uroinfection it must be treated by antibiotics and urinoculture should be done to see which bacteria causes it.
Uroinfection can do some complications, but you shouldnt be concerned, it wont be harmful for the baby.
Also she might have lumboischialgia when experience such symptoms. She should consult her doctor about what type of painkillers she may take.
If you notice pain progression, fever or vaginal discharge/blood she should go to hospital right away for further tests.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor