Pregnant. Blood test showed low eosinofils count. Worrisome

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: what is effecting if eosinofils is 0.1% in 3month pregnent , pl. see my report let me know what are issues & suggest me all how to improve
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for your query
I am trying to view the reports attached to this query, however the pdf document appears to be password protected, hence I cannot access it.
Please provide the password, or resend it.
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 59 minutes later
password is XXXXXXX , You may try with Cap on or other way
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

I have gone through your reports.

They all are perfectly within normal range.

I wonder why you are specifically worried about your eosinophil count.
I guess these were routine blood tests due to your pregnancy, and not because you had a specific health problem.

Eosinopenia, or a low eosinophil level, does not, in and of itself, represent a cause for alarm.

Some people with extremely low eosinophil levels lead quite normal lives. However, eosinopenia may indicate the presence of infection or an inflammatory process in the body.

Eosinophils are a type of white blood cells that are part of the body's natural immunity.

Pregnancy is an immunosuppressed condition, hence, normally also, during pregnancy, the eosinophil count may be low without any underlying disease.

Also, various laboratories have their own reference values
Your value falls in the normal range, considering international standards.

Am attaching a reference link below for your comparison

WWW.WWWW.WW
Also, please remember never to be swayed or worried by laboratory values, as there are lots of fluctuation and variation in values. They are always to be taken in conjunction with the clinical picture of a patient.
And if you do not have any sign or symptom, then there is nothing to worry.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E