Pregnant. Ate lot of snacks made from sesame seeds. Any complication?

Dr. Timothy Raichle

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: My wife is 5 month's pregnant. She ate lot of snacks made from sesame seeds. There are few articles in the web which says sesame is not good during pregnancy. Is it true ? If yes, what should I do now ? There are no abnormal symptoms so far though.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 24 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

It is a misconception that sesame seeds cause miscarriages or "heat" in the abdomen. There is absolutely no evidence that they are a source of problem during pregnancy. Certainly, any specific food intake should be discussed with her doctor, but this is considered a safe food for pregnant women.

I hope that this helps and good luck!