Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Pre-mature birth, kept in NICU. Suggested ibugesic plus syrup. Medicine safe?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 599 Questions
Hello my is prematured born in 7 months 8 days kept in NICU doctor suggested for ibugesic plus syrup dosage of 10mg baby is not having fever. what for this medicine use
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 26 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You have a premature baby at 7 months and 8 days.

2. Ibugesic contains Ibuprofen which is a cyclo-oxygenase inhibitor and is effective for closure of patent ductus arteriosus in preterm infants. It is for this reason that your child has been prescribed Ibugesic syrup. Since if this ductus arteriosus is not closed after birth then it may lead to problems in oxygenation of blood, recurrent infections and increased load on heart.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.


Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor