Post menopause. Numbness on finger with pain in shoulder and chest. Cure and precaution to be taken?

Dr. Vineet Saggar

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: In thumb and nearest two fingers of left palm ocurring unvisuble vibrating at intervals of every 2hrs.apprix. for few seconds, and in the same time feeling pain at/ arround back
soulder and on left top chest .
A--- RUBBING with boiled mustered oil is being done .Is it required or not?
B-- monthly - period (red discharged monthly course) has been stopped since last 5 years ago.
C--Backpain some time occured generally.
plz, tell about medicines to be taken with taking schedule properly.
and tell the name of desease.
Is it related with neurology or ortho or others
plz, suggest for precautions to be taken regularly.
plz, Your good name and phone no. to ask further about it.
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 3 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
From your complaints, it appears that you have cervical spondylosis or disc disease. You don't require oil massage but NCV (nerve conduction velocity) test in upper limbs for nerve irritation legalization followed by an MRI. The treatment will depends on finding of these tests. This is a problem that needs to be tackled by neurosurgeons.
Maintaining a good posture and using a cervical collar may help, but this is not the definitive treatment.
Hope that helps
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli