Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Possible to take years for bulls eye rash of Lymes Disease to show up after being bitten by infected tick?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Is it possible to take years for the bulls eye rash of Lymes Disease to show up after being bitte by the infected tick?
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not possible

Detailed Answer:

It is almost impossible for the bull's eye rash of Lyme's disease to show up after years of being bitten by the infected tick.

None of the Evidence based literature says that the rash could appear after years. It could only appear within weeks of infected bite, usually around 30 days of exposure.

Hope this is clear to you.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Possible to take years for bulls eye rash of Lymes Disease to show up after being bitten by infected tick? 14 hours later
How long does it take for Lymes bulls eye rashes to disappear? How often will they reappear? Do they reappear in same spot? If more appear, does it mean the infection is more severe?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your answers are below

Detailed Answer:

With effective treatment, the rashes disappear in 6 weeks to 8 weeks time.

They do not reappear unless there is a fresh bite by an infected tick.

No, they reappear in spots where there is tick bite. If the infected tick bites at the same spot, then a similar lesion will appear at the earlier site of bite.

Yes, if more appear, it means to say that there were more bites from the infected tick. And yes, it means more severe infection.

Hope the answers are clear to you. Please write back if you have more queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor