Positive for hepatitis B. Tests done. Advise?
my name is XXXXXXX and i have been tested postive for hepatitis B for past 2 years, and i have been in constant touch with my doctor, who my looking into my reports says that i do not need any treatment at this point.
here are my detailed report
Total Bilirubin 1.6
Total Bilirubin 1.08
Total Bilirubin 1.24
HBeAG Antigen, Serun Non Reactive Below 1.0 Ration
Please Suggest me with the right Advice
Thanks in Advance
Thanks for the query.
Since you are having hepatitis B for past 2 years,it is called as doctor is right that you don't need any treatment now as your hepatitis B injection is lying in dormant stage as suggested by non reactive HBeAG antigen.
This antigen is a marker of active multiplication of virus.
Another marker for active mutiplication is HBV DNA which is also called as viral load.
However you must be in constant touch with your doctor and keep getting your investigations regularly.
The treatment is started,the moment these markers show sign of activity.
Alcohol intake is strict NO.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help
- Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound...
- Elevated levels of ALT and protein in urine. Should I be concerned about...
- Infant has large belly button. Is there a hernia belt appropriate for...
- Do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Done C-peptide test. Want to know...
- Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be...
- Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion,...
- What can get rid of bad nose smell?
- Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or...
- Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?