Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Poor erection, flaccid penis, eager to urinate.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
Hello I live in Mexico, I'm not good at talking English. I have a problem that is troubling me, I have 25 years, I havent an erection or very poor, I'm worried because my girlfriend does not understand and stresses me more, I myself rarely during the day, eager to urinate, and my penis is very thin.
Hola vivo en Mexico, no soy bueno hablando ingles. Tengo un problema que me esta preocupando, tengo 25 aƱos, no tengo erecciones, estoy preocupado ya que mi novia no comprende y me estresa mas, siento mi parte rara durante el dia, con muchas ganas de orinar y mi pene esta muy flacido.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 41 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Since how long are you having this Problem?
2.) Do you smoke or drink?
3.) What is your height and weight?
4.) Do you have reduced sexual desire?

Your history suggests you might be from Erectile Dysfunction (ED) which is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough during sex.

The causes for ED are numerous and commonest ones are:

1.) Stress and Mental health Issues.
2.) Low Testosterone.
3.) Obesity.
4.) Atherosclerosis (Clogged Blood Vessels).
5.) Diabetes.
6.) Tobacco use.
7.) Alcoholism.
8.) Prolonged bicycling.
9.) Certain Medications.
10.) Local Injuries.

I suggest you to get yourself examined by an Urologist who after complete physical examination and relevant tests such as Blood work, Urinalysis, Ultrasound, Doppler study and Overnight Erection Test will be able to rule out the aforementioned causes.

Overnight erection test is simple test which involves wrapping special tape around your penis before going to bed. If it is separated in the morning, your penis was erect at some time during the night. This indicates the cause of your ED is most likely psychological and not physical.

Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.

Meanwhile, the following measures will be useful:

1.) Speak to your Girlfriend about your problem and make her sensitive towards your issue. She should not pressurize you.
2.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
3.) Drink plenty of water, exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight.
4.) Avoid alcohol and smoking, if you do.
5.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Good Luck.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Poor erection, flaccid penis, eager to urinate. 6 hours later
I am having this problem for half a year in that period, I do not always happen.
My height is 1.86 meters and my weight is 126 kg, I have overweight.
Do not drink alcohol.
I smoke about 10 cigarettes a day. I'm trying to quit but I feel weird in that process.
I felt decrease in sexual desire, in these 6 months.

What studies should i bring to the urologist to speed the answer?
Thank you for your response
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 13 hours later

Thank you for writing back to me.

Your follow up history suggests that you have 3 risk factors for ED (Erectile Dysfunction):

1.) Reduced sexual desire.
2.) Obesity.
3.) Smoking.

You should be working on these three things to bring back your erection ability to normal.

You should be speaking to your Urologist and get tests done for,

1.) Blood Testosterone levels.
2.) Diabetes Mellitus.
3.) Serum Cholesterol Levels.

Follow the lifestyle modifications which I had mentioned, stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Good Luck.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Child Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor