Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Polyp in gall bladder. Bloating, chest pain, disturbed sleep, slurred speech. Does polyp cause these symptoms?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
Hi Doctor

i have polyp around 5mm in my Galbladder for last three years and is not increasing in size any way. but i have other problems like bloating, i have to burp almost every 15 minuts due to which i feel sharp pain in chest and distrubed sleep, i did Cardic test like stress, echo, ECG and 24 Hourse BP measurment. all results are Negative , apart from all i had MRI too as i have slurred speach and lack of concentration. that also negative many times i feel fatigue. i am diabatic but under control , i am taking metformin, does polyp creats symptoms like this.
please advice
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 49 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
Polyps in gall bladder seldom cause any problem
Your bloating and burping can be due to various reasons like
Gulping lot of air during your meals
Lack of water
High fatty foods
Tinned or processed foods
Consuming lot of sugary products
Consuming lot of carbonated beverages
Stress and anxieties
Stomach ulcers
Gall bladder stones or infection
More use of gas producing vegetables like cauliflower,cabbage,Beans,potatoes,peas etc and fruits like apples,apricots,banana etc
Consumption of alcohol
Spicy foods
Use of various medicines

In your case since investigations have not revealed any thing,it may be due to use of metformin as it is notorious to cause dyspepsia.

Take plenty of water
Get rid of constipation
Take soft diet
Do regular exercises
Chew your food properly and eat slowly
You can take proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole 20 mg daily empty stomach in morning.
Do relaxation and breathing exercises to get rid of stress.

I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query
Thanks and best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor