Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Please suggest cream or gel to get rid of acne and post acne scars.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 520 Questions
I am suffering from acne ,post ance scar (severe) on my back since 2007.Will you please suggest me any cream or gel so that I can get rid from that acne and post acne scar.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 44 minutes later

Thank you for posting this query.

Before suggesting you a treatment, I would like to ask some questions

1. Are you still getting acne? or you have only scars?
2. When you say scars,are you referring to black marks left by acne or depressions in the skin?
3. Are these scars or acne present all over the back or only at shoulder blades, center of the back?

4.Are you on any treatment?
5. Do you have similar lesions on face too?

In the meantime you may start with Clindac A lotion twice daily after consulting your physician.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Please suggest cream or gel to get rid of acne and post acne scars. 51 minutes later
Thanks for quick reply.
1.yeah I am still getting acne.
2. I am referring to dark black marks left by acne as scar.
3.This acne and scar are present all over the back and chest . I am not under any treatment .I tried home remedy haldi ,neem.
5.Initially (when I was 16/17 years old ) having acne on my face too , but it is cured with no marks /scar left on face.
(I used clearsil cream ,soap that time)
6.regarding Clindac A lotion it is for acne or for acne scar.or Can you give me medicine both for acne and scar.
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 30 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

I would recommend Cap. Doxycycline and Clindac A lotion.

Consult a dermatologist personally for the medication and discuss the option of chemical peeling.

It will help in both active acne and the marks.

Also discuss about isotretinoin.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Please suggest cream or gel to get rid of acne and post acne scars. 43 minutes later
For chemical peeling I have already discussed with skin specialist at VLCC,panvel.but I read from internet that scar and acne come again after chemical peels.So Is there any medicine which will cure scar and acne gradually !!!
the one Clindac A lotion is for scar or acne
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

The treatment that I have suggested is for acne only and will reduce it gradually.

Acne may come back with any treatment, not just with peels.

Peels if done properly work wonders on acne and post acne pigmentation. Pigmentation once resolved does not come back unless you get new acne and new acne pigmentation.

A combination of medical treatment and peels is the best.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor