Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Planning to start Vitamin E and Folic acid tablets. Suggest a substitute for Ovacet?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
Thank you doctor for the response & recommendation.
In continuation to my last query...
I am currently on a short term work assignment in Germany and will be back end of this year to India.
My Height - 5.2 & Weight - 70 kgs, if that helps to recommend a target weight that i can achieve to increase my chances of pregnancy.
Is there a medication that you suggest i start while i am here. Also is there a substitute for Ovacet that i can purchase here over the counter.
Also, i plan to start Vitamin E & Folic acid tablets immediatly.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 9 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

1) Your BMI (Body Mass Index) is 28.3 which indicates OVER WEIGHT. Your ideal weight would be under 60 kg to get regular period naturally and enhance fertility to some extent.

Low carbohydrate diet and regular moderate exercise are the key component. You must limit taking extra calorie. Your daily intake of calorie would be 1800 Kcal if you have moderately active lifestyle.

AVOID FOODS: Rice, cheese, ghee, soft drinks, mayonnaise, sauce, sugar and sugar free tabs, dairy products, chocolate, potato, ice-cream, red meat. You must cut down all your fatty foods and sugary beverages.

DIETARY FOODS: It includes chapati, pulses, brown bread, citrus or dried fruits, nuts, chicken, fish, olive oil, honey, dates, egg white alone, green vegetables. These are low calorie food stuffs and you can easily take them. You must drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and better systemic circulation.

You can consult with your DIETICIAN or XXXXXXX INSTRUCTOR if you fail to reduce your body weight in desired level.

2) If you get your regular period with OVACET, then you can continue that as per your doctor's recommendation. Otherwise, some treatment modification is required. These include :

a) Progesterone supplement (like Dydrogesterone) : from D16 to D25 of each menstrual cycle.

b) Insulin Sensitiser (like Metformin) : 1-2 times daily according to blood sugar level and period irregularity.

Above medications will be benefited for you to correct hormonal imbalance and get regular period. However, you need a complete prescription from your local doctor or healthcare provider.

3) You can take OVABOOST or FERTILAID for Women (contains Vitamin-E, Folic acid & other Ingredients). These are available over the counter.

Hope, above information is helpful to you. Let me know, if you need any further clarification.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor