Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

179 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Planning for a baby. Semen test done. Can I impregnate my wife?

Answered by
Dr. Dattaprasad

Infertility Specialist

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 673 Questions

Posted on Sat, 12 Jan 2013 in Infertility Problem
Question: Semen report looks bad(attached ) . Need to know what to do further to get baby .

Married : 2011 , trying to conceive more than year .
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 42 minutes later

Your semen reports shows absence of sperms. If this is first time you have done this test, you can just repeat it once more with 3-4 days sexual abstinence. Also you can specifically ask the laboratory to centrifuge the sample for sperm, because if count is very low, sperm might not be seen in whole sample though it can be seen in centrifuged part.

If you had already done semen analysis for more than one times from reliable laboratory, its time to investigate for the cause & start treatment.

You can do few basic tests like hormonal evaluation (FSH, Testosterone, prolactin & TSH), clinical examination by urologist OR trans rectal ultrasound to know presence & pathology of seminal vesicles (these are glands present in the outflow tract of semen). If specific cause is found, you can get treated for it, if not, I will guide further.

Just let me know the situation so that I can guide you further.

Awaiting your response.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Prolactin

doctor1 MD

Hi! I just married ( 2months)my penis suddenly lose at the time of sex. after consulting with Dr. he advice ti take 1) Polljuven-1 month 2) Nexital-15days & Lique-1 month. Also before sex teb: Pauactor . My Prolactin result 15.7ng/ml & Tetosterone is 4.0 ng/ml . already 20days gone noo much result. Please advice is the treatment ok? Any advice form u. Appreciate your kind advice

doctor1 MD

i am 29 yrs male, unmarried facing erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation for last 9 yrs. estradio level is 65 pg/ml and zinc level 82.3 ug/dl and testosterone at 8 A.M is 358 ng/dl. please give me advice. can i use GONADIL-f ?

i have also taken 02 testoviron 250mg injections which raise my testosterone level but there was no difference in my condition. cortisol, FT4, TSH, LH, prolactin all are in normal range. fasting glucose is also normal 94 mg/dl height 5ft 10in weight 91 Kgs Fat on abdomen

doctor1 MD

hi i am 28 years old male guy suffering from weak memory,concentration problems....low sex desire,weak erections n unsatisfied sexual life......i have done all my tests including thyroid profile,testosterone,prolactin levels all came in normal range with vit b 12 level 201pg/ml.....i need solution for all these things

doctor1 MD

My 21-day bloods have just come back and I have got good progesterone levels (55) but my prolactin is abnormally high (1250). I had abstained from alcohol for the best part of 5 months and the weekend before the blood test I had my bachelorette party and drank a large amount of alcohol. I would like to know if this could have affected the results? I am ovulating and my cycle is regular.

doctor1 MD

I had a zit in my left nipple. I squeezed it and puss came out. I never knew you could get a zit in your nipple?!?! Is that ok?

doctor1 MD

Hi Sir, I hope you remember me ! My father got pituatory macrodenema surgery 3 and half years back. Its because of prolactin production and the surgery went well. he lost vision in one eye before the surgery only due to pressure because of the...

doctor1 MD

Hi,my periods are delayed for 2 months. I took a bhcg on 2nd Nov and 15th Nov, it is negative. TVs shows pcos , I took primolut from 5th till 10th of Nov, twice in a day. No periods. Insulin , tsh normal , no prolactin