Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Planning for a baby. Got infection of tb in uterus. Is this curable?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 362 Questions
Hi Doctor,
My name is XXXXXXX and am 29 year old,I got married a one and half year back,after 5 months we start trying for baby,but could not concieve,recently my wife got infection of tb in uterus,then doctor told me to get dtected my semen,and in which I found mycobacterial tb infection that was very shoct to me,cause I am very health conscious person not having aany medical history before,therefore I want to know,is this infection completely curable in both of us case,and anti tb medicine will not effect on my sperm count and motility,and this infection is very common in india-also let me know the duration of the treatment.
Posted Sun, 27 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 8 hours later

Tuberculosis is qutecommon in our country as rightly said.

I must assure you that it is 100% curable. Both in you as well as your wife. However, you must ensure that the medicines are taken regularly without a break.

The usual duration of treatment is six months. Occasionally, we can extend the treatment duration to nine months depending on the patients response to treatment.

The anti - TB drugs do not have any effect on the sperm count or viability. Br reassured.

You must start the treatment asap.

Also feel free to send me a scanned copy of your reports so that I can go through them and make specific recommendations.


Wish you a speedy recovery.

Warm regards,

Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Planning for a baby. Got infection of tb in uterus. Is this curable? 14 hours later
Thnks Doctor,

Actually I was very tense because of this report,but now I absorbed this shoct at some extent,doctor still I have some qurries like can we have sex during this treatment,doctor find below themedicines my doctors have been prescribed me,

Rcinex 700 mg and for y wife Rcinex Ez
Fourts (for both of us)
Adliv ( for both of us)
Combutol ( for me only)
PCZ Ciba ( for me only)
Can you just explain me about this tablet....
I will also send you scan copy of my report,once again Thank You Very Much Doctor.......
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 3 hours later

Good to hear that you have accepted the fact. Be reassured that it is curable.

There is no restriction for having sex while on medicines or in this situation.

Regarding the drugs, your doctor has started you both on anti - TB medicines.

Rcinex - EZ is a combination of Rifampicin + Isonizid + Pyrazinamide + Ethambutol which form the core anti - TB medicines

Your medicines Rcinex + Combutol + PCZ Ciba are same as above.

Rest of them are supplements.

Warm regards,

Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Planning for a baby. Got infection of tb in uterus. Is this curable? 1 hour later
Thank you very much,incase I have any doubt in future can I contact you on your mail address.

Thanks once again......
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later

Sure you can.


Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor