Placed clothespin on penis head. Noticed swelling with pain. Any medication or home remedy?
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I understand the swelling is due to edema/fluid collection due to the clothespin.
The following things may help.
1. Refrain from masturbation for a few days till the swelling reduces completely.
2. Anti- inflammatory agents, of course.
3. Ice can be tried - 10 minute sessions thrice daily for 3 to 5 days.
You need to see a doc when
1. The swelling increases and covers the whole head/unable to retract.
2. There is pain or unable to urinate well.
Otherwise there is nothing to worry.
Thank you for your time and advice -- much appreciated!
I have taken your advice and am refraining from masturbating until the swelling reduces completely. So far, it seems to have reduced only about 20% despite icing and Ibuprofen -- granted it has only been 2 days.
How long do blood vessels take to heal? What should my expectations be for healing time? There is slight swelling and no pain or obstruction to urinating, however if I touch the foreskin area on top of the penis, the blood vessels are soft, whereas the area where the clothespin was is still a bit firm and just slightly tender.
I suppose I should just keep resting and icing...I'm just wondering what the range of time is for healing.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Experiencing pain and numbness in penis and scrotumsuggest medication
- Need medication for swelling and a lump on the penis
- Need medication for knee pain and swelling
- Drugs/medication for Penis pain
- Drugs/medication for head pain
- Noticed spots on penis head after sex suggest medication
- Medication for swelling of the chest and pain with copd
- Need medication for itchiness and reddish painful spots on penis
- Frequent urination pain in the penis medication
- Need medication for pain and swelling in ankle