Pinky finger on left hand cannot straighten suddenly. Have feeling

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Pinky finger on left hand cannot straighten suddenly. Have feeling in finger but it feels weak. No other symptoms. I am a nearly 79 year old male and take Lipitor and 81mg aspirin. Please respond to partner's email who is online and writing this... thank you.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be contracture of fascia.

Detailed Answer:
The inability of the pinky finger to straighten suddenly is suggestive of tendonitis or any recent injury in the area. This can be related to contracture of palmar fascia. Regular hot compress and physiotherapy along with local steroid injections can help. You need to consult an orthopedician for proper treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng