Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Pimple on face near eye. How can I remove it?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
Recently there is a small pimple/blister type of growth on my skin(face) close to eye.Its a small growth something like pimple(but not pimple).Its been around 3 weeks and this has grown from very small to a size which can be hold through fingers.How can i remove it do we have any cream or should i show it doctor.I have seen my mom who also has this things.Can you suggest me where in bangalore i can get it removed and what might be the cost?
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there XXXXXXX Your query has reached my attention. Might i coax you into uploading a clear close-up photograph & uploading it onto this site? I assure you it will be discreet. Having said that, your history & description of the lesion leads me to believe you have some sort of benign skin lesion most probably either a filiform or digitate wart or a acrochordon (skin tag). Both are easily dealt with on an outpatient basis under local anaesthesia which could either be in the form of an injection or the application of a topical EMLA cream. I would prefer the tiny injection as it is next to painless & the procedure can be done immediately saving precious time as opposed to the latter which requires about 45 mts to an hour for the topical anaesthesia to set in & then too may not be entirely adequate.
By all accounts, it will have to be 'removed'. Now there are various methods of removal from surgical excision to cryotherapy (cold freezing with nitrous oxide) or electrosurgery using a hyfrecator or a laser (the latter is the latest craze). All techniques equally effective & the cost factor will vary depending on the method used & the set-up & of course affordability.
Honestly, it will be uncharitable of me to quote a figure sans visualizing but it could range anywhere from say around 2000Rs. to 5000Rs. The technique to be used will depend on the expertise of the doctor. Personally I would recommend the hyfrecator. If you should choose to go with yours truly, you may please contact me on my mobile # 0000 & we can fix up an appointment & a good time to get this done & take it further depending on which area you hail from & what time is convenient for both of us. Best Regards & do hope i have touched on all your queries to your satisfaction. Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venreologist XXXXXXX Hospital & Asian Skin Centre
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pimple on face near eye. How can I remove it? 1 hour later
Hi Doctor,
I have uploaded the picture and encircled the area.I have no pain becuase of this,but not sure why this happenned in first place.Please check and let me know abt the treatment and cost.I stay close to HSR,Silk board area.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there AAAAA. From my current perch (after viewing the photograph), i would like to revise my diagnosis to that of a 'colloid milium'..essentially remains in the category of benign degenerative dermatoses. The treatment too remains the same with a tiny difference in that a fine needle & curettage may be a better option but one will have to view it in person to opine. Either way a day procedure done on the spot. Since you stay in HSR, silk board may i suggest dropping in on this upcoming Saturday if that is convenient & you are 'off' that day. My clinic functions at pretty much the same time at my XXXXXXX road XXXXXXX Hospital. Please do call on my mobile & confirm. Again, the cost would vary but i would peg it at roughly 3000Rs. at the upper end including consultation. Cheers & please call me should you require directions or any further clarifications.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor