Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Pimple-like bumps on vaginal lips with pus. Is it bacterial infection? Should I take Oflomac?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
I have pimple like bumps on my vaginal lips. it becomes big and the white puss forms there. Once i burst the pimple,it says for 3-4 days and then disapperas. is it a bacterial infection. my friend who is a doctor suggested over phone to take oflomac tablets. Is it the right medicine?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 20 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you have swelling, redness or tenderness around them?
2.) Since how long are you experiencing this?

These are nothing but Epidermoid or Sebaceous cysts which form when there is damage to the hair follicle and they get infected after bursting, releasing pus from it. They are not harmful, Kindly don't worry.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Dermatologist so that he/she may examine you and rule out other possible causes for the same so that proper treatment could be initiated after thorough physical examination.

They normally don't require any treatment as they disappear on their own after self healing. Sometimes they grow large enough that they may interfere with your daily life. When this happens, surgical removal would be necessary, and inflamed cysts are treated with steroid injection or with antibiotics.

Antibiotics can be prescribed only after physical examination. Do not self medicate yourself without consulting the doctor.

Follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Keep the area dry and clean, after bath or using washroom.
2.) Change your innerwear regularly.
3.) Do not try to squeeze the cysts by yourself.
4.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor