Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Phimosis of the penis. wants to use medications or surgery for treatment. Options available ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
i have a phimosis, please tell me if there;s any tablets or syrum for that,,,,,i want to get the cure
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 48 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Phimosis means the foreskin of penis is very tight so that it can not be retracted to expose the glans penis that is head of penis. This a common condition and is treatable also.

There are types of Phimosis. You need to take treatment for this.

Unfortunately no tablets or syrup can cure it.

The only treatment for this is removal of tight foreskin by surgery that is known as Circumcision.

Please visit a General Surgeon/Urologist who will examine you properly and then advise surgery.

Surgery is needed, if not done it can lead to difficulty in sexual pleasure, recurrent infection, pain etc.

Please do not use steroid that you are using on regular basis, it is not going cure the condition.

This surgery now a days is very simple and in most of the adults can be done under local anesthesia only.

Do not worry, you will be fine and normal after this treatment.

I hope this answers your query, I will glad to answer any follow up queries that you have.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor