Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Periods regular. Tubes blocked due to endometriosis. Noticed brown discharge after sex. Should I be concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 206 Questions
I been trying to have child for five years and my period comes exactly 28 day (last for 3 days) but could not conceive. I found out both tubes were blocked and bit of endometriosis. Doctor only unblock one tube on XXXXXXX 20, 2013 (tuboplasty surgery). Due to us being separated after surgery we did started having sex again around 9 Apr. After having sex 3rd times we noticed a brownish discharge. My cycle in May started off bright red but end up dark brownish . Now today, I thought started my period but notice brownish spotting again. Should i be concern?
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Bahaa 1 hour later

Welcome to healthcare magic.

You have bilateral tubal block, endometriosis and past history of gonorrhea and
Trichomonas infection.

After five years trying to conceive, it's time to have IVF (invitro fertilization) or ICSI (intra cytoplasmic sperm injection).

Tuboplasty has a very limited role due to it's high failure and due to presence of an effective alternative (IVF or ICSI).

The decline in ovarian function starts at age 35 so don't wait more than that.

The brown discharge is not a great concern. Your cycles being regular is a very good sign indicating ovulation.

I hope these words be useful to you and will be happy to answer any more queries.

Good luck.
Dr. Ahmed Bahaa.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor