Penis yeast infection cured after using terrasil. Noticed discoloration. Any remedy?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: Had penis yeast infection used terrasil and it's gone but there is still some discoloration...do you recommend anything over the counter that helps?
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

If you had yeast infection of penis, more specific treatment with anti fungal antibiotics both topical and systemic preparations are preferred than Terrasil treatment.

There are many other factors predisposing yeast infection, like Diabetes Mellitus, prolonged antibiotics, immuno-suppressive drugs, steroids etc. If possible we have to either control or remove these predisposing factors. Otherwise yeast infection is likely to recur.
Instead of using over the counter products, consult your physician and confirm the diagnosis and get specific and adequate treatment for the same. This will be always safer and avoid recurrence in future.

Some sort of discoloration over glans penis is normal for everybody, not necessarily is to be in uniform color. But this also once again is to be verified by your physician or dermatologist.
So XXXXXXX your physician as soon as possible and get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan