Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

173 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Penis yeast infection cured after using terrasil. Noticed discoloration. Any remedy?

Answered by
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Practicing since :1974

Answered : 2770 Questions

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: Had penis yeast infection used terrasil and it's gone but there is still some you recommend anything over the counter that helps?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query.

If you had yeast infection of penis, more specific treatment with anti fungal antibiotics both topical and systemic preparations are preferred than Terrasil treatment.

There are many other factors predisposing yeast infection, like Diabetes Mellitus, prolonged antibiotics, immuno-suppressive drugs, steroids etc. If possible we have to either control or remove these predisposing factors. Otherwise yeast infection is likely to recur.
Instead of using over the counter products, consult your physician and confirm the diagnosis and get specific and adequate treatment for the same. This will be always safer and avoid recurrence in future.

Some sort of discoloration over glans penis is normal for everybody, not necessarily is to be in uniform color. But this also once again is to be verified by your physician or dermatologist.
So XXXXXXX your physician as soon as possible and get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Candidiasis

doctor1 MD

Hi. I ve recently been diagnosed with herpes but I m also diabetic and I always use to get yeast infections and I haven t had any blisters or outbreaks I didn t even know I was infected but I have yeast infection symptoms and a small odor and discharge could it be the outbreak or yeast infection

doctor1 MD

Hello I have a cottage cheese like discharge, foul smelling urine, and slight irritation on the exterior of my vagina. Im positive that its not an STD so im not sure what it could be. I thought it might be a yeast infection so i brought an over the counter medicine to cure it, It went away for about a week or so and now its starting to come back. Can u please tell me what this might be?

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am a 61 year old who recently saw my GYN, while there I told her I get a lot of yeast infections, I think because I am cortisone dependant, and antibiotics tend to give me yeast infections as well. I always was noticing an odor...she suggested a probiotic. I have been using a brand called Healthy Belly because it has Lactobacillus Acidophilus in it and states that inhibits the growth of candida. Well my health food store stopped selling it and recommended Florastor.....will this help with odor and yeast infections? Is there much of a difference

doctor1 MD

Thankyou! I suffer from chronic candidiasis, and although have been meds free for 6 years, I recently got vaginal thrush and have been treated with 100mg Fluconazole daily for 14 days. I also have psoriasis there, diagnosed years ago, which I found a natural cream for which usually works. However, the last few days it has been burning terribly, and the cream is not working/helping. I only finished the Fluconazole yesterday, so doubt its thrush. Can I try using hydrocortisone cream 1% or will that bring the thrush back?

doctor1 MD

I had a left side stroke on the brain. Previously I had a TIA . It was two months later that I experienced the stroke . I was prescribed blood pressure pills, baby aspirin and cholesterol pills when I had the TIA.[ several hours in a U.S. hospital...

doctor1 MD

Hi I am a 36 year old overweight female. Recently I've had twitching on the tip of my tongue as well as burning mouth. I went to the doctor who said I had low vitamin d which I started taking. My tongue kept twitching and I freaked out after...

doctor1 MD

Worried about candidiasis I am 31 smoker, recently I was under extreme stress During this period I developed what looks like viral pharyngitis / sinusitis I do suffer with allergic sinusitis in the past Anyway during that period of sinusitis I...