Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Penis size 2.1 in flaccid and 5.1 in erect. Normal?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12679 Questions
my penis is 2.1 in flaccid and 5.1 in erect.I m partially circumcised.
My question is i m little bit of worried about my penis size as i know a girls vagina is only 2 to inche senstive so size doesnt matter is it true?
Is good sex depends upon penis size?
Should i satisfy a girl with my penis size i ve a gf but never had sex i afraid that i dnt give her to sexual pleasure as we r planning get married soon so please help me.
Is it good to go for circumcision surgery?
My last question i ve seen so many porn movies i think how those guyes have such huge penises and compared to my self that mine is so small.
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
With regard to the size of the penis, i would like to let you know that unless you are in possession of a micropenis - a rare condition in which a man’s erect penis is shorter ‎than 2 inches in length - size does not and should not matter. ‎
The average penis size ranges between 3.5 and 6.2 ‎inches in length and between 3.7 and 5.1 inches in girth when erect.‎ So, you have a normal penis size.
The size of penis is genetically controlled. So, there is no use of comparing your size with other's. You can satisfy your girl friend. Please do not worry. It is true that the lower 2 inches of vagina is sensitive.
There is no need to go for a circumcision surgery if you do not have any medical problems.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Penis size 2.1 in flaccid and 5.1 in erect. Normal? 2 hours later
U havent comment on my picture which i ve attached please comment
I m so much confused about size and grith so please give only genuine suggestion.
2nd thing i feel shy to have sex with her because my penis size i think what would she feel about my size.

Is it safe to do sex while she have period?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen the picture attached. The penis size is normal. There is no need to worry about the length and girth.
It is best to avoid having sex during the periods as it increases the chances of infection in females.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Penis size 2.1 in flaccid and 5.1 in erect. Normal? 14 hours later
Almost every morning i wake up with a erection what is that is there any problem?
I m frequently doing masturbation 3to5 times in week since 19 year of age and i think it the cause of loose penis muscle in flaccid state is that true?
my penis slightly bent towards left side what is the cause and how to treat it?
final question how to sustain erection for long time?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Having an erection in the morning and the curvature to the left are normal findings. These do not need any treatment.
Masturbation does not cause loosening of the muscles. This is a wrong conception.
To sustain an erection for a long time, try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a deep breath and stay relaxed during intercourse. Also do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have.
Other treatment methods which can be followed are stop-start or squeeze-pause technique. In stop start technique, near ejaculation, stop stroking and relax and think about something else.
In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute. If the symptoms persist then desensitizing creams and SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) may need to be prescribed for which you have to consult a urologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor