Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis pain, burning urination, groin swelling, shoulder pain. Normal UTI test. Taking antibiotics. What is wrong?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9584 Questions
I need help my boyfriend is sexually active but penis hurts really bad when he urinates feels like burning fire, then he thinks he has groin swelling and now he has shoulder pain. He took a uti test and hes normal for thAt. Whats wrong with him???? He doesnt have insurance to go see a urologist he doesnt know what to do.. His doctor told him to continue taking antibiotics its his 2nd day taking it, but more and more his urinating pain is discomfort.
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 40 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your boyfriend has severe pain while urinating.

He has done his routine Urine test which does not reveal UTI (fever associated with burning?
2) Does he have to strain (Give Pressure) to pass urine?
3) Do you have unprotected sex?
4) Has he done Urine culture?
5) Has he undergone test like Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to see status of Bladder for infection? If it is not done so far do get it done now as it will provide much information as regards any pathology in Bladder, Prostate etc.

Kindly revert back with information that you have so as me to help to diagnose his problem.

Waiting for your response,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Penis pain, burning urination, groin swelling, shoulder pain. Normal UTI test. Taking antibiotics. What is wrong? 17 minutes later
He says all of them are No's but nimber 4 is a yes he did a culture. Should i take him to the ER? I'M scared
Also unprotected sex
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 minutes later

Thanks for feedback.

If he has a culture report, please post the report here using this site's uploader.

If he cannot afford a visit to ER, I would suggest him to visit a free/low cost clinic and get the other test - those I mentioned in my previous reply. Those test will give us a better picture of what he is suffering with.

In the meanwhile, continue to take the antibiotics along with over the counter analgesics like ibuprofen twice a day. Drink plenty of fluids.

Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor