Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis lost girth, excessive skin, circumcised. Suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
Hello, I am 48 years old 64kg and 1.8mts tall and circumcised. I have noticed that My Penis when flaacid has lost girth and there is excessive skin around the shaft, this has I think been a progreesive process over possibly a few years.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 47 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.
Normal mean flaccid penis length is 4-5 inches. With age, skin of the lower abdomen and pubis descends or sags with age, causing the penis of some men to show some excess skin around it. This may be the cause in your case. It may be to such an extent that sometimes the penis may become hidden in the pubic fat and skin.

The other possibility for such a growth of excess skin around the penis can be due to hypertrophy of corpora cavernosa or in medical conditions like elephantiasis. Hypertrophy is an enlargement of various areas of the body and this may include muscles, skin, appendages or organs.

You should get an examination done from a urologist and get an ultrasound done to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor