Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Penis is swollen around the head and is very itchy with painful lesion on head. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

HIV AIDS Specialist
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 2715 Questions
My penis is swollen around the head and is very itch with painful lesion on the head and looks as if its burned
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Inflammation of Glanspenis-Irritation or infection

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query.

I saw the pictures sent by you and also went through your presentation.

It seems that your Glans penis and foreskin got inflamed. This is called as Balanoposthitis. It may either to be due to infection or due to some irritant applications like soaps or antiseptics etc.
Infection may be due to yeast infection. There is mild paraphimosis. That is the swelling and edema of foreskin and it is kept retracted.
Sometimes it gets reduced spontaneously on healing of the inflammation otherwise it needs to be reduced manually by a surgeon or a Dermato-venereologist.
If your sex partner is having yeast infection then you may likely to get infected . Both of you to take treatment together.
Consult your Dermatologist or a Genito-urinary physician he/she will help you in this regards.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Penis is swollen around the head and is very itchy with painful lesion on head. Treatment? 10 minutes later
these occured at same time
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Inflammation follows infection or irritation.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Inflammation is the body reaction to an irritation or an infection. Swelling and edema are part of the signs of inflammation. So they are inter-related.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor