Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis hurt by rubbing hard, then burnt by ice. Yellowish and cold. Do I need to run to the ER?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
Frostbite on glans(glands)      
I hurt my penis from rubbing too hard, and then today I put an icepack directly on it. It started to burn, and it took me 5 seconds before I got it off. The penis head was blue, and then I ran to put it in warm water for 20 min. It now burns and is yellowish. It's still cold, and I have to keep it warm. Do I need to run to the ER?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later

Thanks for your query.

You have obviously inflicted a lot damage to your penis- physical trauma followed by cold and hot exposure. After exposure to cold you should have slowly warmed your penis rather than subject it to warm water.

You should certainly go to ER and see a doctor over there. I shall suggest you to apply moisturing cream on to the affected area till you see the doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor