Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis head is cold to touch. Why?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 519 Questions
i have had a problem with my penis the head of it has been cold to the touch
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.

I would like to know some more details regarding your problem.

1)What is your age.
2)Since how long have you noticed this problem.
3)Whether the coldness is present only at the time of erection or even otherwise.
4)Do you have any trouble in achieving erection.
5)Do you any difficulty in passing urine.
6) Are you on medication for Bacterial Endocarditis .

There is a possibility that your bacterial endocarditis might be causing poor flow to blood vessels of your penis causing it to become relatively cooler.

Please do answer these queries, and we will defintely try to help you.

Regards and here's hoping you will be doing well.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Penis head is cold to touch. Why? 6 hours later
1. i am 28
2. i has been about 4 weeks
3. coldness is at random time not during erections
4. no i don't have trouble achieving erections
5. no trouble passing urine no pain nothing like that
6. no medication
i did however see a doctor and he took a urine test and a culture he treated me for chlamydia after the results from the urine test but then gave me a all clear after the culture came back which he took both test the same day
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 11 hours later
Thanks for responding promptly to my queries.

In view of the fact that you have no difficulty in voiding urine and no difficulty in achieving erections and when your reports show no major problem, it looks like you probably may not have a serious medical issue at present.

But it will be difficult to say that you have absolutely no medical condition unless I examine you personally. What I suggest is that you continue taking the medication that was prescribed you earlier by your physician, and should you continue to feel concerned that there is an issue that needs to be checked, go to a urologist immediately.

Also consult a Urologist immediately if you have a difficulty in achieving an erection, or once after you have achieved an erection, you have difficulty in getting rid of the erection. This could be XXXXXXX and needs prompt treatment.

Hope this answers your queries, and feel free to ask me for any further clarifications.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Penis head is cold to touch. Why? 3 hours later
yeah thank you i don't know what to think of this though maybe i will start at the begininng at first my penis itched that was 4-6 weeks ago i took all the medication the doctor gave to me the feeling was gone for a few day then it cam back a small bit now my penis has been cold yesterday here and the today almost all day would marjuana do that ? it is really annoying to me now
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
Hi again,
Thanks for the follow up.

Just to answer your last question first. Marijuana can play tricks with the mind, and alters interpretation of sensations.

But again, though I suspect no major issues, if you are worried, you should better consult in person a urologist who will examine you to rule out any serious conditions such as a penile plaque .

Sometimes, you might need a penile doppler scan to confirm that blood supply to the penis is indeed normal. Alcohol and anxiety also might cause similar problems.

Hope this takes care of your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor