Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis doused in hydrogen peroxide, increased sensitivity, burning, wrinkling, discharge. Harmful to penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 436 Questions
Hello Doctor...

This may sound weird...but I pretty much doused my penis in hydrogen peroxide inside and out after some sexual activity...and now my penis appears to be very sensitive. Head appears to be wrinkled...It did burn to pee but now seems to subside from time to feels like the tip is wet and is possibly discharging. My question is...Was using hydrogen peroxide a good idea...or was this a STUPID idea? Did I irritate and possible burn the inside and outside of my penis? Did I kill essential bacteria inside my penis?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 5 hours later
Thanks for the query.

You have provided me with good information.

I have gone through the pictures provided by you.

You have used Hydrogen peroxide over the penis following sexual activity. Normally some doctors do advice hydrogen peroxide solution (3%) to clean the genital area in case of any collections, sweat or grime, but this is normally done in diluted form.

You might have applied a more stronger concentrated form that has damaged a delicate mucosa (lining) of penis. Now since you have burning sensation, you can use a mild vaseline lotion over the area. Also refrain form sexual activity till it subsides. If you feel the burning sensation continues, it is better to show to a Dermatologist.

If you feel there is any discharge you will need to get investigated for sexually transmitted infections. Application of Hydrogen peroxide does not treat any sexually transmitted infections. It is better to use condoms for protection.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor